Addictive? On your journey of recovery? Need some motivation? Then you are at the right place. We’ve got a collection of 43 quotes to inspire you.
People often try to find their peace and solace in other people or things. This is where they start their journey of addiction. One needs to understand that recovery from addiction is really challenging. There are many resources and people to help you recover but you cannot recover until and unless you have the willingness to do so.
It is easier to become an addict but it’s really very difficult to recover from the addiction. ON your journey there will be several ups and downs. Use positivity to overcome your own phase. And for this, you will need inspiration from time to time, to keep moving ahead. To ease your journey we have 43 quotes that will motivate and inspire you.
- “Learning that I was worth recovering was one of the most difficult things I had to learn.” – Demi Lovato
- “It’s difficult to get back on track but regret is even more difficult.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “I try to maintain my gaze aloft and avoid glancing forward or backward.” – Charlotte Brontë
- “Physical capacity does not equal strength. It is the result of an unbreakable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Take your time to ponder, but when the time comes to act, stop thinking and go right in.” – Napoleon Bonaparte.
- If a man waited until he could do something so well that no one could criticize him, he would accomplish nothing. – John Henry Newman
- “Addiction is simply a means of attempting to obtain something else. Something more substantial. You may call it transcendence if you want, but it’s like a rat trapped in a maze. We’re all looking for the same thing. This void exists in all of us. The thing you desire provides relief, but it is also a trap.” – Tess Callahan
- “All you have to do is take each day as it comes. Other days are easier than others, and some days you forget about drinking and using, but I concentrate on both my physical and mental health because they are important.” – Demi Lovato
- “Sometimes people grow more connected to their obligations than the obligations become connected to them.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Character development does not happen in peace and quiet. The soul can only be strengthened, aspiration inspired, and success accomplished through hardship and suffering.” – Helen Keller
- “Being sober, along with becoming an actor and having a child, was one of the three most important events in my life. Finding my sobriety was the most difficult of the three.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I knew I just had two options: I could either die or live and which did I prefer? Then I said something like, “I’ll seek help,” or “I need help.” ‘I’ll enlist assistance.’ And then everything changed in my life. It’s absurd that it takes a human being 16 years to say, ‘I need help.'” – Sir Elton John
- “Everyone carries a piece of good news within him. The good news is that you have yet to discover your true potential! How much can you love? What you can achieve! And what a potential you have!” – Anne Frank
- “We only get stronger and more resilient as life never becomes easier and more forgiving.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Through treatment, I learned a lot about building characters. I realized that forming full people entails the understanding our origins, how we can make mistakes, and how we overcome obstacles to become stronger.” – Samuel L. Jackson
- “You can quit for a lifetime if you can quit for a day.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “If you question me, ‘What progress have I made?’ I will answer, ‘I’ve started being a friend to myself.’” – Hecato
- “All of your misery, worry, and addiction stems from your failure to recognize that you already own what you seek.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “You need to be stronger than your most vehement justification.” – Unknown
- “The world breaks everyone, and many people become strong in the places where they are broken.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “The most common method for people to relinquish their power is to believe they lack it.” – Alice Walker
- “Experience is what you’re doing with what transpires to you, not what transpires to you.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Fail seven times, get up eight times.” – Japanese proverb
- “Addiction is a form of adaptation,” says the author. It isn’t you who is the problem; it is the prison you live in.” – Johann Hari
- “Even in the midst of chaos, something within us always points us in the direction of freedom.” – Sharon Salzberg
- “It becomes a habit once you learn to quit.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Everything feels impossible until it is accomplished.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to keep going; it’s keeping going even when you don’t have the strength to keep going.” – Napoléon Bonaparte
- “Change has to begin with the person. And the individual must desire and be willing to change. Remember no one can change without a willingness to change.” – Efrat Cybulkiewicz
- “We may believe that willpower is at action, but more often than not, change is motivated by a need for power. Having a stronger desire for the new addiction than the previous one. I prefer the new me than the one I am right now.” – George Sheehan
- “Through all the suffering, I am reborn from the ashes, powerful, exultant, and majestic.” – Shannon Perry
- “Our greatest glory is in rising every time we fall, not in never falling.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You are only meant to become the person you choose to become.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “My life has been littered with horrific disasters, the most of which never occurred.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “Anyone can give up; it’s the most simple thing in the world. But to keep your wits about you when everyone else is expecting you to crumble, that is true strength.” – Unknown
- “All we have to do now is keep going if we’re heading in the correct direction.” – Zen Proverb
- “Difficulties usually prepare ordinary individuals for spectacular outcomes.” – C.S. Lewis
- “At first, pleasure sustains addiction, but the intensity of the pleasure fades over time, and the addiction is then sustained by avoiding pain.” – Frank Tallis
- “The best days of your life are yet to come. The film begins when the protagonist becomes clean and reassembles his life; it does not stop there.” – Bucky Sinister
- “There are two ways to emerge from the furnace of trouble: if you let it devour you, you will emerge as a cinder; however, there is a type of metal that refuses to be eaten and emerges as a star.” – Jean Church
- “Anything, even something as pure as water, can intoxicate if consumed in excess.” – Criss Jami
- “Today you are You, and nothing could be further from the truth. You are the only person alive who is Youer than You.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Recovery is a journey. It will take some time. Patience is required. It necessitates the use of all of your resources.” – Unknown
Hope these quotes have inspired you to be firm on your journey of recovery from addiction.