Blunts and joints are the most common ways to smoke weed. Blunts are like cigars, where tobacco is replaced by cannabis. It is rolled using tobacco leaf paper. Blunts are significantly stronger than joints and have a longer effect. The cannabis is sold by the dispensaries either per gram or ounces, depending upon the quantity you’re purchasing. Therefore, it becomes a tedious task to strike the correct balance and roll a blunt with an optimum amount of weed. You can stuff your joint or blunt with either medicinal marijuana or any of your favorite strains containing THC.
How To Roll a Blunt?
There are many different ways to roll a blunt according to different needs. However, you can follow the given below steps to roll an easy and perfect blunt.
- Grind the Cannabis – Before you roll your joint or blunt to smoke, your weed must be evenly ground. You can break it down with your fingers or use a grinder. It makes the insertion process easier and a well-ground weed is better to smoke.
- Preparing the Wrap – To roll a blunt you will require tobacco paper that can be purchased from any local dispensary or you may use cigar wrappers. The next step is to gently cut the paper along its length and empty the tobacco content. You may save it for later use or dispose of it.
- Moistening the Tobacco Paper – It is important to seal the small tears that may have been caused while tearing the paper. To moisten the paper, you may use tap water and apply it with your fingers or you can lick the paper and your saliva can do that job. However, for beginners, it is a little messy to lick the paper and seal all tears.
- Filling the Blunt – Now here comes the interesting part. You fill your blunt with cannabis or tobacco and cannabis if you wish to smoke a spliff. Evenly spread the grounded cannabis along the entire length of the paper. The correct amount will be talked about later in this article.
- Roll and seal the Blunt – After you’ve stuffed your blunt, roll it with your fingers carefully. Secure one edge of the roll under the other ensuring there are no wrinkles. If you still find a tear you can use some more tobacco paper or gummy adhesive.
- Bake and Smoke – After you’ve tucked up the blunt well, you can bake it using a lighter all around to dry moisture. Do not burn the blunt but just provide a little heat. When done your blunt is ready to be lit and smoked.
The standard units in which weed is sold can often be confusing for users while making a purchase. Eighth, gram, ounce, the pound is some of the common units of measurement.
Here is a simple breakdown of these:
- One gram is 1/28th of an ounce
- One ounce equals 28 grams
- A half-ounce is 14 grams
- A quarter is ¼ of an ounce that is 7 grams
- Eighth is ⅛ of an ounce which is 3.5 grams. It is also referred to as a slice or cut.
- One Pound is 16 ounces that equals 448 grams.
Weed is also sold by common phrases like “dime bag” or “dub” which could mean weed worth $10 and $20 or one and two grams respectively.
How Many Blunts Can You Roll with One Gram of Weed?
A blunt is larger than a joint. It contains more quantity of weed. A typical joint can contain 0.32 grams of weed while a blunt may contain one gram or more. If you’re planning to smoke a spliff then less amount shall also suffice as it is a mixture of weed and tobacco.
A blunt is capable to incorporate even more amount of weed if you wish to. With one gram of weed, you shall be able to roll 2 joints or one blunt. You may also roll two blunts with one gram if you’re smoking alone and do not want to inhale too much weed. Most people however prefer rolling one blunt from one gram.
Blunt costs between $17 to $55 and tobacco paper should be less than $5. A rolled blunt can also be stored and smoked later.
The quantity varies according to your need, rolling technique, tobacco paper used, and the type of blunt you’re rolling. Therefore, some smokers may suggest rolling out two blunts from one gram of weed. The majority of the States have allowed people to carry a maximum of an ounce of weed at a particular time. An ounce of cannabis should give you approximately 28 blunts and 84 joints which can leave you intoxicated for long durations.
Advantages of Smoking a Blunt
Blunts Can Contain More Weed
A lot of people prefer harsher smoke and use a blunt as it can contain more weed than a joint or spliff. It gives a lasting buzz and makes the person feel intoxicated for a longer period of time. If you’re smoking for medical purposes then blunts can contain the exact prescribed amount and assist you in your treatment.
Availability Of Favored Blunt Papers
Blunt papers are now available in various flavors for a better aroma. They are helpful to beginners as it helps them to keep bad odor afar. It makes it convenient and fun to smoke than other traditional methods.
Blunts burn slow and can last longer as compared to a joint. If you’re sharing in a group, blunts are a better choice. They give you a lasting buzz and are cost-effective as well.
Psychological Health Benefits
Smoking weed has proved to have many health benefits. It can help cure seizures, anxiety, Alzheimer’s, etc. Pot can help in calming patients with Parkinson’s disease. Smoking weed can also help PTSD patients and relax their nerves.
Physical Well Being
Smoking marijuana can help in easing muscle pain and reducing inflammation. It helps in improving sleep quality. It boosts metabolism and keeps the digestive system in check. It also improves the overall health of the heart and brain.
Usually, one gram of weed is sufficient to smoke and can give you a good high. However, if you’re a regular smoker and want an intense buzz you can take more weed. In case you have lesser weed, you should consider smoking through a pipe as it is more effective and efficient.
If you’re a beginner or an intermediate you can buy empty blunt papers that come with adhesive and juicy flavors. It can make the process of rolling a joint or blunt easier and effective.
You can consider other alternatives to consuming weed if you wish to avoid the negative effects of smoking. However, if you’re willing to smoke a blunt, joint and spliffs are the three prominent ways. It can be smoked for both recreational and medicinal purposes.
The weed and tobacco paper can easily be purchased from a local dispensary. You can research and decide on a suitable strain for yourself. Hope this guide was helpful to you in knowing about the correct dose and way to roll a blunt. Happy smoking!