If you are someone who consumes canna or CBD oil often, then you probably buy it packaged from your nearest stores. But did you know that you could make your canna oil at home? So, if you are looking for a canna-oil recipe, then here you go. We have got you everything about how to make canna oil and how you can use it in the best possible way!
But before going through the actual canna oil recipe, you should be clear about what you are reading and why you need it.
Are Canna Oil and Hash Oil the Same?
Some people might wonder if canna oil and marijuana or hash oil are the same things. However, they are not. Canna or cannabis cooking oil is made by mixing marijuana oil with some fat-based oils. The most common choices for fat-based oils are olive and coconut.
Hash oil, on the other hand, is just the concentrated resin that people probably load in vaporizers or pens to get high. Hash oil is an extract that has high levels of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the same element that makes you feel high. In simple words, Marijuana oil, weed oil, or hash oil mean almost the same thing.
Moreover, when talking about CBD oil, it is also not the same as Canna oil. CBD comes from industrial hemp seeds, then it is mixed with carrier oils and gradually, CBD oil is made. CBD oil is majorly used for therapeutic or relieving purposes as it does not contain any THC. When talking about cannabis oil, it has high levels of THC and only a few strains of CBD. It is extracted from the leaves, buds, or flowers of the cannabis plant.
Is Canna Oil Good for You?
If you consume canna oil, you are probably thinking about why you should make canna oil at home, right? Well, if you have this question in your mind, then here are some things you can consider. Moreover, even if you have decided to make canna oil at home, you still need to know why are you making it. So, here are some reasons to consider.
First, consuming canna oil could be a new way for you if you have been doing joints, vaping, or lighting bongs. If you are tired of all the common ways, you can try eating it through oil. Following a canna-oil recipe and eating cannabis by mouth can make the effects last longer. Here, cannabis would first go to your stomach and then to your liver. This way, THC gets even stronger and gradually mixes with your blood. This will eventually give you a longer, stronger effect.
However, consuming canna oil by mouth may take some time (around 30 minutes to two hours) to show its effects while inhaling shows the effects in no time. But, the effects after eating cannabis can stay for over 12 hours. Other than this, canna oil also does wonders to your skin. It has antioxidant properties which can help you look younger and your skin glow.
You can make an anti-aging cream by mixing canna oils with aloe Vera and Vitamin E. And, you can also add it to your daily routines or DIY masks to get rid of pimples and blemishes. Now that you have some good reasons to make canna oil, it is time to see the methods involved in the canna oil recipe. So, let’s dig in!
The Canna Oil Recipe!
When talking about the canna oil recipe, there are many of them. But here are the most popular and common ones-
Slow Cooker Recipe
For this canna oil recipe, you need a slow cooker to put the oil and cannabis in it. Heat it on a low flame for around 5 to 6 hours while stirring occasionally, your oil will be ready.
If you have a double-boiler at home, then this method can be used easily to make canna oil. You just have to fill the lower pot with water, the upper pot with coconut oil, and bring the oil to a simmer. Once it starts to boil, turn the flame low to add cannabis to the second pot. Now, let it cook for around 6 to 8 hours while stirring occasionally.
The Easiest One
You will need cannabis flowers, trims or buds, and some coconut oil for this method. You can also use olive oil or vegetable oil here. There are various things you will need here: a heavy-bottomed saucepan, a spoon, baking or parchment paper, baking tray, strainer or fine-mesh sieve, a candy thermometer, and an airtight jar. The steps involved in this method are:
- At a temperature of 240°F, preheat your oven for a good 15 minutes.
- Set the parchment or baking paper on the baking tray.
- Once the oven is heated, place cannabis flowers on the baking tray and bake them in the oven for 30 minutes. You need to stir the flowers every 10 minutes.
- Once the flowers are baked, take them out and cool them down to room temperature.
- When the flowers cool down, break them into small pieces using your hands. Make sure that you don’t make a powder out of them, you only want them broken down into smaller pieces.
- Now, take the saucepan, put coconut oil (or any oil that you are using), and the small pieces of flowers in it. Place the saucepan on the stove with a low flame.
- You need to cook the mixture for good three hours on a low flame while stirring it occasionally using a spoon. Stirring is important as you don’t want the oil to burn or get damaged in the process. Also, you would have to check the oil temperature occasionally to make sure that it does not exceed 245°. Extreme temperature can also burn and destroy the oil.
- Turn off the flame after three hours and remove the saucepan from the stove.
- Now, you need to strain the oil with a strainer or fine-mesh sieve. While straining, do not press the mixture to fasten the process. You need to be patient and let the oil drip itself.
Your homemade canna-oil is ready. You can preserve it in an airtight or mason jar. A single batch of this oil can be used for up to two months at normal temperature and longer when refrigerated.
Moreover, the most important step in the making of oil here is the baking of flowers. The baking process, known as Decarbation, activates the THC content in canna. So, if you want your canna-oil to be ‘effective’, you need to do the baking process with patience.
How to Use Canna Oil in Recipes?
When it comes to canna-oil recipes, that is by which you can eat canna oil, there are many of them. Depending on the carrier oil you have used, you can decide your recipe. If you have canna with olive oil, it can be used in salad.
Using peanut or olive oil as the base for fried chicken can enhance your taste. Now, if you wish to bake cookies or muffins, coconut canna oil would be the best. The most preferred canna oil recipe is weed brownies where canna-oil or cannabutter is used.
Now that you know how you can make and use canna oil, it is time to get started with the process. So, why wait then? Give yourself a treat with homemade canna oil!