The recent trends have shown an increase in people’s inclination towards hemp oils but along with it, there is also a rise in speculation regarding its usage and dosage. Social media is bombarded with recommendations for these products and people are often left confused. This article will apprise you of the correct usage, dosage, and benefits of the spectrum of hemp oils.
Introduction to Hemp Oil
Hemp oil is derived by cold-pressing the hemp seeds just like how olive oil is obtained. These oils are cold-pressed to ensure that all the rich nutrients stay intact. A common question asked is if the consumption of such products will make one high. The simple answer is NO it will not as it does not contain THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), a component of marijuana that has various psychoactive properties. It is a clear green oil with a nutty flavor.
Benefits of Hemp Oil
Hemp oils have been proven to have a lot of health benefits. They have the power to regulate every biological system in our body.
These oils can be used to treat sleep issues, PTSD, Depression, anxiety, etc. as these oils calm the neurotransmitters of our brain and help us relax better. These oils can widely benefit your skin too.
Hemp oils can moisturize your skin without clogging pores and also inhibit the growth of acne. The omega-6 fatty acids present in these oils have anti-inflammatory properties. They replenish the skin and slow the process of aging. It’s a boon for your skin!
It also promotes a healthy heart. It reduces blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels in the body. Thus, lowering the risks of heart strokes and other associated diseases.
Its antibacterial properties can fight against bacteria’s including Staphylococcus aureus which causes various skin infections.
These oils also help in a healthy pregnancy as the presence of omega-3 supplements is vital for a fetus’s nourishment and development.
A study has shown that hemp oil can reduce the complications faced by women during menopause.
It is a natural pain reliever. It reduces muscle tension. The presence of rich oils and healthy fats also make it essential for good brain health.
It can be used as an organic and natural makeup remover, night mask, hair conditioner, dandruff reducer, etc. The product seems so inexpensive after you realize the number of benefits it contains.
Where to Buy These Products
These products are easily available in supermarkets and online as well. Amazon also sells amazing hemp oil that you should definitely try out.
You can visit their website and choose from a variety of products according to your needs and requirements.
Here are some popular and high-quality hemp oils that you can buy from Amazon
- Organic cold-pressed hemp oil
- Naissance cold-pressed virgin hemp oil seed oil
- Organic royal hemp oil
- Garnier’s organic hemp oil
- FuLanDe Hemp Seed Oil
How to Consume Hemp Seed Oil?
Now there is a common question about the usage of hemp oils. There are two ways to consume hemp oils:
1. Oral Consumption
Doctors recommend three tablespoons per day of hemp oil for a healthy individual. It can provide you with the perfect 3:1 ratio of fatty acids needed in a balanced diet.
Most hemp oils come with a dropper. Use it to put hemp oil beneath your tongue. Hold it for about 30 secs and then circulate it in your mouth for better absorption. Then swallow.
You can watch this video to find out the correct way to consume hemp oil sublingually. This can significantly improve your skin, heart, brain, and hair health. Various hemp oil capsules are also available for direct consumption.
If you do not wish to consume it directly or do not like the taste of it you can mix it in salads, smoothies, or soups. There are many recipes available that make its consumption easier.
The dietary composition of hemp oil according to WebMD is as follows
One tablespoon (15 milliliters) of hemp seed oil contains:
Total fat: 14 grams
Saturated fatty acids: 1 gram
Monounsaturated fatty acids: 2 grams
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 11 grams
Try small quantities first to check for any allergies or side effects. Talk to your doctor first if you have any chronic illness.
2. External Use
- FOR SKIN: You can apply hemp oil directly to your skin and massage to overcome dryness and rejuvenate skin cells. The high vitamin profile of hemp oils can help your skin get rid of fine lines, blemishes, and wrinkles.
- FOR NAILS: You can massage a few drops of hemp oil on your nails and cuticles to replenish your finger and toenails. It improves their quality and strength.
- FACIAL STEAM: Apply hemp oil over your face and use lukewarm water and damp a towel in it. Apply it to your face and wait for it to cool. Repeat a few times for visible glowing and smooth skin.
- FOR HAIR CARE: Apply it directly or mix other essential oils onto your scalp. Shampoo after 30 minutes. You will witness silky frizz-free and dandruff-free hair. The presence of rich nutrients provides extra care to hair and helps in intense repair.
- BETTER SLEEP: It can also be used to massage the forehead in cases of sleep deprivation or putting a small amount on your pillow can also ensure a good peaceful sleep.
- GET RID OF BLACKHEADS AND WHITEHEADS: If you wish to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads, use hemp oil on the affected areas, massage them for about 2 mins. Rinse. Daily usage can significantly reduce the present blackheads and whiteheads and also reduce the possibility of further having more of them.
- AS AN ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: In case you have inflammation, redness, or itching. Apply hemp oil and cover the affected part. You will feel instant relief.
- TO REMOVE MAKEUP: Using a damp cotton ball and hemp oil can easily pull out all the makeup from your skin without leaving any rash or dryness.
- AGAINST ACNE: Using hemp oil daily before face wash can reduce acne without clogging sweat pores.
- AS A FACE MASK: Apply hemp oil and leave it overnight. It actively works as a nourisher and cleanses your skin.
- OTHER PRODUCTS: There are many moisturizers, body soaps, washes, and face washes that use hemp oil. These products can also be used to receive the innumerable health benefits of these oils.
Therefore, it can be said with certainty that hemp oils are getting the spotlight for absolutely justifiable reasons. Consumption is going to increase with time as more and more people become aware of this marvelous oil.
Almost all professionals and health care experts recommend these oils as they’re vegan as well. If you haven’t tried any of these hemp oil products there are no more reasons to wait or procrastinate. They are easy to use and have numerous benefits. Buy and try these products today!