The worldwide demand for cannabis for multiple purposes continues to maintain its significance. It is scientifically proven to provide relief, encourage productivity and enhance the senses, causing a feeling of euphoria and relaxation.
Choose Wisely Between The Two
Indica and Sativa are annual plants from the Cannabaceae family, but indica vs sativa is also a topic of debate among many. Due to human intervention, variability in indica and sativa exists.
Indica contains a higher concentration of THC.
In short, the after-effects of Indica are obvious or noticeable whereas, Sativa lives in your mind. Indica tends to leave a more sedating impact, causing you to stay ‘in da couch’ whereas Sativa makes you feel energized and activated.
Indica strains cause a feeling of euphoria, and the consumers feel stoned or high. It is often referred to as a ‘body buzz’ and relieves the pain, if any, and treats insomnia. The literal difference between Indica and Sativa is that they have narrow leaflets and wide leaflets, respectively. Indica leaves are often purple. They are shorter and fatter compared to Sativa leaves.
Finding pure Indica is more of a struggle nowadays. It is due to the genetic variations caused by human intervention. Cannabis growers tend to breed different plants of the same family. However, smoking Indica makes one feel dizzy, overwhelmed, and intoxicated. The body feels relaxingly heavy and keeps the consumer calm
Uses of Indica
As mentioned above, Indica strains can relieve stress, anxiety, and pain. It can treat insomnia and a feeling of tranquility. It is efficient enough to make you forget and loosen up about the worries in your life. It is a stress buster and is well known for its sedative effect. People tend to consume it at night, letting you sleep with a soothing, calming, and numbing experience.
It is regardlessly considered medical cannabis for pain management and nausea treatment. It also stimulates appetite. It leaves consumers in a flat and relaxing high feeling.
The most common Indica strains include Northern Lights, Bubba Kush, Granddaddy Purple, and Kosher Kush. All these strains cause 100% relaxed effects.
- Northern Lights: According to statistics, Northern Lights consumption causes 76% happy feeling, 68% sleepy, 69% euphoric, and 46% uplift. It is fast flowering and contains a pungently sweet and spicy flavor. It is one of the purest forms of Indica strain recognized in Holland in 1975 for the first time. According to growers, Northern Lights Indica Strains grow in 40-45 days, indoors.
- Bubba Kush: Bubba Kush provides 71% happiness, 72% sleep, 53% euphoric, and 45% hungry. It deals with stress relief and causes full-body relaxation, putting your mind at peace with its heavy tranquilizing effects. It is powerful enough to relax all muscles from head to toe.
- Granddaddy Purple: Granddaddy Purple or Grand Daddy Purp got popularized in 2003. The flowers are deep purple, hence the name. The nature of GDP can leave the consumer in one spot for some duration. Once inhaled, it smells like a grape and berry aroma.
- Kosher Kush: Despite leaving consumers very high, Kosher Kush provides calming effects. It originates in Los Angeles as a clone-only strain. It smells of rich earth and fruit, considered to be the tastiest Indica strains available. The high levels of THC in Kosher Kush provide relieving effects, relaxation, and improves sleep.
The widespread cultivation of Sativa strains for multiple purposes continues from recorded history to present demands. These have comparatively lower levels of THC and show effects like cerebral, creative, and energetic high
Use of Sativa
Sativa provides calming, energized, focused, and uplifting effects, and therefore, it is preferred to consume in the daytime. Sativa seeds can produce hemp seed oil used for cooking, lubricating, paints, and lamps. Its flowers and fruits have multiple uses for recreational, medicinal, and spiritual purposes.
Effects of Sativa Strains
Sativa dominant strains are helpful in uplifting activities that require a high level of social interaction. They jumpstart creativity and energy. For medicinal purposes, Sativa strains are useful in treating mood disorders and chronic fatigue. Unlike Indica that causes body high, Sativa causes mind high. It doesn’t cause a feeling of heaviness or sleepiness, but it makes the person more focused and cultivated towards their tasks.
Features of Sativa Dominant Strains
Sativa plants look and feel different from those of Indica. The differences are noticeable between the two. Sativa leaves are wider, longer, thinner, and the flowers of its female plant can produce hundreds of seeds. The plants are typically taller and stretchier, and they are a lighter green color. These plants tend to lean after they grow tall.
The most common Sativa strains include Sour Diesel, Lemon Haze, and Jack Herer. These all leave a happy feeling after consumption.
- Sour Diesel: Sour Diesel effects include 86% uplifted feeling, 74% energetic, 77% euphoric, and 68% relaxed. It provides stress relief, can effectively fight against depression and pain comfort.
- Lemon Haze: Lemon Haze post-consumption effects include 77% uplifted feeling, 66% energetic, 68% euphoric, and 67% relaxed. It fights depression, stress, pain, and headache. It helps recover the lack of appetite.
- Jack Herer: Jack Herer, also called Premium Jack, is praised for its unique creative effects, provides an intense high feeling, accompanied by a spicy pine scent. It has an earthy flavor and aroma that creates a top energetic effect in the consumers. It takes up to 50-70 days for Jack Herer plants to flower.
What Are Hybrid Strains
Hybrid strains include breeding both Indica and Sativa strains to experience the upsides to each type. Cannabis growers produce new and different Strains using combinations of parent plants. These combinations can be target-specific or experimental.
These hybrids, typically categorized as Indica-dominant or Sativa-dominant or balanced, provide mixed effects or unique impacts. These can reduce anxiety and stress and also ease the symptoms of chemotherapy or radiation.
Hybrid cannabis grows faster, improves yield, and balances the effects of parent plants. Remember that Indica strain puts you ‘in da couch,‘ and Sativa lives in your mind. But, Sativa heavy flowers can also put you ‘in da couch.
Therefore, breeding the two according to what you wish to feel is an appropriate way to do so. Otherwise, the consequences can be unexpected.
Nowadays, most strains are hybrid, and very few pure strains of Indica and Sativa are available.
Popular Hybrid Strains
Some popular Hybrid Strains include Fire OG, Trainwreck, Pineapple Express, Blue Dream, OG Kush, White Widow, and AK-47. These provide mixed impacts and balanced high. Beginners are encouraged to try hybrid cannabis for a better experience.
All these strains boost happiness, provide relaxation, uplift the mind, and feel euphoric, whereas only Pineapple Express and White Fire OG leave an energetic impact. Trainwreck and Blue Dream enhance creativity and treat headaches. White Fire OG also relieves pain from muscle spasms, and Pineapple Express treats lack of appetite.
For example, OG Kush contains a higher level of THC, that is, 19%, and tends to be pretty dominant. It contains 25% Sativa and 75% Indica that initiates full-body relaxation.
White Widow makes the consumer feel carefree and happy. Its flowers are beautiful, thick, and contain a white coat of trichomes. It contains a pungent aroma with earthy hints. People wanting a social high yet relaxed presence can go for it.
So this was all about the age-old indica vs sativa debate. We hope this article was helpful and if you have any further queries, feel free to reach out to us in the comment section below.